Activities in Rocamadour
We are happy to share our love of the region and guide you throughout your stay: walks, places to visit, sports, addresses, restaurants, practical information, documentation, etc. Feel free to ask us.
What to do in Rocamadour
In the Dordogne Valley, the medieval village of Rocamadour will surprise you by its location on the side of a cliff. From the hotel Relais Amadourien, whether by the way of the cross or by the lifts, you will easily reach the sanctuaries and chapels, which are listed as world heritage sites by UNESCO. Among others, don't miss a visit to the Miraculous Chapel, which shelters Our Lady of Rocamadour, also known as the Black Madonna.
We also suggest:
- The Ecopark of Rocher des Aigles: the aerial ballet of vultures, eagles, condors and parrots will amaze you.
- Equestrian Show Durandal : joustes, stunts, battles, etc.: this fun show takes place just beside the hotel (from mid-June to late September).
- Monkey Forest : discover the Barbary apes that roam the forest in total freedom. Surprises guaranteed!
- Prehistoric Cave of Wonders : just a few steps from the hotel, discover this natural cave with its wall paintings that date back around 25,000 years.
- Café Théatre : shows, fun, concerts and a friendly atmosphere are all on the programme!
- Excursions with little Train : from April to September, the little train takes you through Rocamadour by night!
- Borie d'Imbert : ideal to taste farm-made AOC Rocamadour cheeses. With activities, nature trail, tastings, etc.
- Country Farm : foie gras lovers will be delighted. In addition to its ducks, the farm proposes its Roc-Amadour wines. Direct sales and visits.
- Montgolfiades : in September, come and participate in the largest European gathering of hot-air ballooons. Around thirty ballooons take off from Alzou Canyon and fly over Rocamadour.
The Relais Amadourien suggests you enjoy a meal just opposite the hotel, at the Restaurant du Château. Enjoy a regional menu for €21.90, especially created for our hotel guests. This restaurant will delight you with its pleasant setting and refined cuisine.
Discover also an atractive farmhouse with wood-grilled meat, in a friendly atmosphere : Le Roc du Berger
Touristic activities in Lot
Explore the surroundings of Rocamadour :
- Padirac Cave : just a few kilometres from the hotel, descend over 100 metres in depth and embark on a subterranean river amid breathtaking scenery.
- Prehistoric Dino Park (7 km): in Lacave, plunge into the extraordinary world of dinosuars. Prehistoric reptiles several metres tall will welcome you with their roars that echo from the depths of time. A fun trail that will amuse the whole family.
- Caves of Lacaves (9 km): in the heart of Causses de Quercy regional park, set out to discover this amazing group of caves. Access by a little train and then by a lift. Lakes, petrified cascades and multiple chambers are all on the agenda.
- Gramat Animal Park (10 km): between Rocamadour and Padirac, discover around 150 species of European animals, including wolves, bears, lynx and otters.
- The villages classified as « The most beautiful villages of France », within 30 minutes of Rocamadour: Autoire, Carennac, Saint-Cirq-Lapopie and Loubressac
- The Cave of Pech Merle (55 km): take a step back in time of about 25,000 years! Visit this authentic prehistoric cave with its 70 animal and human figures.
- The castles of Castelnau and Montal
- Figeac (45 km): visit this medieval town that is the birthplace of Champollion, the famous Egyptologist and the museum dedicated to his work.
- Black Perigord : take advantage of the proximity of this region of Dordogne to discover all its treasures. Don't miss Sarlat (50 km), a town of art and history and the capital of the Black Perigord. Also visit La Roque-Gageac (52 km), which is among "The most beautiful villages of France", Domme (53 km), the castle of Castelnaud (59 km), etc.
Sports and leisure activities
The Dordogne Valley offers many entertainment opportunities, to share with family or friends: